The definitive series on the history of New England lighthouses
continues with Rhode Island's thirty beacons. Here are just a
few of the fascinating entries compiled by D'Entremont, New England's
foremost lighthouse authority:
* A feud between two keepers at Whale Rock Light led to a harrowing
* The hurricane of 1938 devastated the state's lighthouses. The
keepers at Plum Beach Light off North Kingstown miraculously
escaped with their lives; others weren't so lucky.
* Ida Lewis lived at Newport's Lime Rock Light for more than
60 years and became one of the world's most celebrated lightkeepers.
* The keeper and his family at Block Island North Light aided
the survivors of one of New England's worst shipwrecks, the Larchmont
disaster of 1907.
* Pomham Rocks Light on the Providence River was home to a famous
And much more!
Publisher: Commonwealth Editions
Binding Information: Paperback
Size: 5.5" X 8.5"